Change button text for the submit/ reset buttons

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Change button text for the submit/ reset buttons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Technology Team
    Participant

Hi,

We are using the Filter Bar add-on and I’m trying to change the submit button on our site that currently says, “Filter” to “Search” as well as change the “Narrow your Results” text and I’m unable to locate where that is being created in the plugin. We are using the horizontal layout file but there doesn’t seem to be anything in it that is controlling that text. Could you please direct me to the correct file or set of files? Please see the url here for an example of the layout and what I’m referring to. Thanks!

Cliff

Hi.

There are 2 ways to accomplish what you’re wanting:

1)

Use our Themer’s Guide to override the template files that include these strings.

2)

Hook into the translations functions to customize the text. Please reference Customizing/Changing any bit of text (actual code snippet is at the very bottom).

Or using the Say what? plugin (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) might be easier to setup and use to do the same thing as our provided code snippet.

===

And here’s the information for you to be able to go either route you choose:

Filter Bar’s text domain is actually tribe-events-filter-view

The two files containing “Narrow Your Results” are:

• /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/views/filter-bar/filter-view-horizontal.php
    • /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/views/filter-bar/filter-view-vertical.php

I visited your site and I believe that “Filter” button is already a customized version of our Tribe Bar’s “Find Events” button (see the default look at our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/events/)

The actual string to target is “Find %s” in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Technology Team
    Participant

Thanks, so much. That really helped.

Cliff

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change button text for the submit/ reset buttons’ is closed to new replies.