Cant find wp_config.php file

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Cant find wp_config.php file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anna

Im not very technical, so this question might sound easy, but Im trying to follow the instructions you have for translating the calendar to another language. I can find my .mo and .po file in Icelandic but I just can not find a wp config.php file under the plugin. Where can find it?

Anna

I found a solution, but there is not translation for the front end in the icelandic file. Can I help you translate the front end to icelandic?

Anna

The .po file has none of the front end words like the days (sunday, monday etc), months or enything else. How can I then translate the front end?

Leah

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your post. I’m glad you were able to find the wp-config.php file.

The reason that you are not seeing some of the front end translations is because 1.) the translation is outdated and 2.) the days of the week and months are translated by the WordPress translation files, not our plugin’s translation files.

To get the days of the week and months translated, you’ll need to find the Icelandic WordPress files from the WordPress Codex. Once those are installed, those terms will be translated.

Our Icelandic translation is quite outdated, but we’d love to have you work on it. I have updated the files for you so that they have all the new and changed strings ready for you to translate. You can download them here. Once they are done, you’ll want to add them to your plugin’s /lang folder (replacing the old ones) and also share them here. That way I can add them to the plugin for other Icelandic language users.

As a thank you for your work, we will give you a free license for Events Calendar PRO. Please make sure you translate for both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO so that we have a complete set. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here and I’ll help out.

Best,

Leah

Leah

Hi Anna,

I haven’t heard from you in a few weeks so I’m going to go ahead and close up this thread. If you finish up that translation feel free to start a new thread to share it with us.

Thank you,

Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cant find wp_config.php file’ is closed to new replies.