Cannot translate the "before event html content"

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Cannot translate the "before event html content"

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Frank.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Hello. I’m struggling to completely translate my Event-Views. I’m using the “before html content” from the events calendar settings, where I posted some stuff to be shown before my event list. So far, I was able to translate almost everything using the WPML-Plugin. But I cant find a way to translate said “before html content”. Do I miss something? Is there a better approach to create translatable content that is shown before the events list on the default events page?

*I also tried using a standard Page, post the content in the beginning and below that the [tribe_events]-shortcode. This makes the page translatable as it is a normal page, but this somehow messes with my styles.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Frank, grĂ¼ss dich,

Thanks for reaching out with your question.

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to translate those 2 fields. I will create an internal ticket for that so our developers can look into it what can be done.

Meanwhile I can suggest the following workaround.

1. Put all language content in the box, and have the different languages surrounded by a <span class=”en”> or whatever the language is. Like this:

Cloudup ipbvpukg5u0

2. Display only the language appropriate span with css, something like this:

.tribe-events-before-html span { display: none; } /* Hide all spans! */

html:lang(en-us) .tribe-events-before-html span.en { display: inline; } /* Show English */

html:lang(de-DE) .tribe-events-before-html span.de { display: inline; } /* Show German */

The same can be done for the text below.

I hope this helps. Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot translate the "before event html content"’ is closed to new replies.