Can I create a page for a specific category only?

Home Forums Calendar Products Can I create a page for a specific category only?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    madsap
    Participant

hello

I am a pro user.
    I am trying to create a schedule for a specific club and have that “live” on a club specific page.
    I have a category assigned to the club- how do I create a page that only shows those events with that category selected?

thanks
    b

kbarday
    Participant

I’m trying to do the same thing – interested in the solution!
    Also trying to find a way to display the category as a “tag” type icon on the photo view, as well as add a filter option by category.

Barry

Hi madsap, thanks for posting 🙂

You can view only events for a specific category by visiting the relevant URL, such as in this example: http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wordpress-meetups/ (generally you can re-use that same pattern to figure out what the URL for a category will be, or else you can view the list of event categories by visiting the Events → Event Categories admin screen and copying the URL provided by the view link under each relevant category).

Does that help here?

@kbarday
    : please do feel welcome to monitor this thread, but if you need help with something else it would be best to create a new thread of your own – noting that we can probably only offer very general advice for a customization like the one you just outlined.

madsap
    Participant

So I did that but the header has more stuff than I want and a Label
    Archives.
    Not good.
    http://discgolf.la/events/category/beach-cities-2014/

can I change the name?
    can I create my own page and use a short code?

thanks

b

Barry

Hi B,

So you’d probably need to make a few tweaks to your theme to get rid of those items you don’t want. While we can’t guide you through that line-by-line or anything we do have conditionals like tribe_is_event_category() which would be useful here (to differentiate between regular WordPress categories, where you might want to keep your theme’s labelling etc and event categories where you do not, etc).

can I create my own page and use a short code?

We don’t have any shortcodes that would help out here I’m afraid, but this is a popular feature request and I’d encourage you to add your own voice to any existing requests for this over on UserVoice.

Hope that helps!

Barry

Closing this thread out as its been quite a while without any follow-up. Of course if you need help with anything else please feel free to open a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I create a page for a specific category only?’ is closed to new replies.