Can filter bar -exclude- categories?

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Can filter bar -exclude- categories?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tvalleau
    Participant

We just bought Community calendar. I’d like to exclude those events from the main calendar. I realize that filter bar will include certain categories. I need to exclude categories.

To be absolutely clear:

Let’s say you have categories A, B, C and D in your main calendar.

If I run FB against say, the “B” category, the resulting calendar would show only category B entries.

What I need is “show me everything in the calendar except B.”

The resulting calendar would show A, C and D.

Yes, I realize I could ask for inclusive A,C and D… but that becomes impractical if I have 100 categories, and/or if the main categories change and are frequently updated. Listing everything except the desired exclude-category would require that I go back and change every single call to FB whenever a category is changed or added.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Tracy!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 🙂 I’d be happy to help.

To achieve what you are looking for you will need to make a customization to the Filter Bar itself.

We have a great article on Creating Custom Filters for Filter Bar here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-custom-filters-for-filter-bar/.

Does it help? Let us know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can filter bar -exclude- categories?’ is closed to new replies.