Calendar Vs Event List

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Vs Event List

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry

Sent you the email. Subject line: For Barry – Eugen Popa.com

Thank you

Barry

Thanks Eugen.

Eugen
    Participant

Looking forward

Barry

OK, so I activated your theme and made sure that Events > Settings > Default view for the Events was set to Calendar … the calendar (grid view) was then visible as expected.

I then changed this setting to Event List, visited the upcoming events list page and navigated to the calendar view – again it all worked as expected.

So, I strongly suspect that this isn’t simply a compatibility issue with your theme (possibly there is no problem with your theme at all) and that the problems may be a side effect of issues with WPML or possibly another plugin.

Eugen
    Participant

That cannot be simply because, as I said several times before, I deactivated ALL the plugins and switched from my theme to twentyeleven and STILL there was a problem of the calendar showing up. Please re-read my previous post in this thread where I included print screens.
    Cannot blame it on the theme, or the plugins as your plugin gave faulty results with NO plugins active and ONLY with the TwentyEleven template.

So please, lets fix this cause its been dragging for too long already.
    If you need to, I can create a username for you on the site, and this way you will be able to look from inside and see what is the problem.

thank you

Barry

Hi Eugen,

I appreciate this is a frustrating experience for you, but let me try to answer your points.

That cannot be simply because, as I said several times before, I deactivated ALL the plugins and switched from my theme to twentyeleven and STILL there was a problem of the calendar showing up.

My understanding (from troubleshooting steps earlier in the thread) was that you deactivated all non-Modern Tribe plugins, switched to a default theme – Twenty Eleven – and flushed the permalinks and we were then able to see the calendar/month view.

At that point a quite different problem did unfortunately manifest itself in the form of a string of error messages. We’re aware of that and are trying to tackle it separately, however this was distinct from what you original sought help on (the month/calendar view not being visible) and these steps actually resolved that original issue, unless I’m quite mistaken.

You also kindly sent your theme across and I was happy to test it out. I could see no problems when using that theme locally with The Events Calendar.

What we do know is that there are issues with WPML and that it impacts on our plugin’s permalinks – and that is one of the plugins you are using. So I could be wrong but it’s a pretty strong indicator.

Eugen
    Participant

How can we make it so it works?
    I cannot stop using WPML as my site is (at least) dual language. I also very sure that I am not the only one who is using WPML so a solution to this issue would be very welcomed not only by me, but many of your users.

Please help

Barry

You’re definitely not the only one using WPML and we’re aware that it is a very popular plugin, but my understanding is that some not inconsiderable work will be required to bring about improved compatibility – I’m afraid we just won’t be able to do that in the short term.

We know this is a real pain point for many of our users and in fact I think strategies to improve the situation are being discussed today, but right now I’m afraid there is little else I can offer up here.

Eugen
    Participant

So I am stuck with it? 🙂
    Payed for it but not being able to use it..?

Barry

Well, unable to use it with WPML at present at least.

If that’s unworkable for you then please consider emailing us (at [email protected]) marking your email for the attention of my colleague Leah, should you wish to request a refund. If you also include a copy of your PayPal receipt and a link to this thread that would be helpful.

Sorry we can’t do more on this occasion.

Eugen
    Participant

Thank you Barry
    I appreciate you willingness.
    Should I wait it out, any ETA when your plugin will be compatible with WPML?

Thank you

Barry

I wish I could give you an ETA but unfortunately I cannot. I suspect any changes in this direction will be after the initial 3.0 release, however.

Eugen
    Participant

And that is also unknown right? 🙂

Eugen
    Participant

Hey Barry

I think there is a misunderstanding regarding compatibility of EventsPro and templates.

All plugins deactivated
    TwentyEleven Theme Active
    Events Calendar and Pro active
    List view ok
    Calendar view not ok

Please see the attachments
    http://imageshack.us/a/img109/2732/screenshot20130301at114.png
    http://imageshack.us/a/img541/2732/screenshot20130301at114.png
    Any thoughts?

Thank you

Barry

You’re referring to the Wrong datatype … in post-template.php line 1039 right?

That’s an issue which has been reported by others but only affects certain installations, unfortunately we aren’t quite sure why as to date we haven’t been able to replicate it ourselves. Early testing with some of the people who are affected by this suggests it is resolved in our 3.0 code, however.

And that is also unknown right?

3.0 is currently in beta testing so I don’t expect it is too far away, but no we can’t provide an actual date as an ETA.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Vs Event List’ is closed to new replies.