Automatic tagging of events based on a particular field

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Automatic tagging of events based on a particular field

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shavano
    Participant

I know there are plugins for automatic tagging of WordPress posts based on content, title, etc, but I think what I really need can be solved with a bit of programming. I would like to automatically tag each newly added event with the city name, that is, the city name becomes a tag associated with the event. Any advice on how to get this done?

Casey D

Hello shavano,

Thanks for contacting us, this is a neat idea.

Unfortunately that level of customization does go beyond the scope of the forums, but if you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

If you were to implement this yourself, I would look how the plugins you describe do it. Off the top of my head, I imagine there is some sort of before-post-is-saved hook you could access, and then grabbing the venue city and tagging it wouldn’t be too difficult. I would estimate 70% research and 30% implementation. Maybe 5 hours tops for dev with time.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello shavano,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatic tagging of events based on a particular field’ is closed to new replies.