Autocomplete search breaks the tribe-events-bar change view functionality

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Autocomplete search breaks the tribe-events-bar change view functionality

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kari Turunen
    Participant

Hi,
    my situation is as follows:

We have a site where we have installed the The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO, Community Events and Filter Bar -plugins. If we have set any of the filters in filter bar to type autocomplete and then try to change the view in tribe-events-bar it outputs to console the following error message: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of null”. To my understanding the problem is in code in file the-events-calendar>src>resources>js>tribe-events-bar.js in row 322
    It is now:
    if ( $this.val().length && !$this.hasClass( 'tribe-no-param' ) ) {

I think that if you change the if-checks to something like this:
    if ( $this.val() && $this.val().length && !$this.hasClass( 'tribe-no-param' ) ) {
    it would fix the problem.

I think the problem occurs, because in Filter Bar there is select-element bind with the autocomplete input and in tribe-events-bar.js in row 318 the code picks up the both the input and select -element of form#tribe-bar-form and div#tribe_events_filters_wrapper. The select element has no value at the beginning so the $this.val() returns undefined.

I’ll send screenshots and live-site url in a private reply.

Thanks!

Sauli Rajala
    Valu Digital

Kari Turunen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kari Turunen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Sauli,

Thanks for reaching out and for the report as well!

We already have a bug ticket for this issue. The report is pretty recent but I hope we can see in the maintenance release (4.2.1) coming out after the next major release (4.2). For now you patch is a great work around! Just be sure to check the release logs to see if this functionality was included.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Autocomplete search breaks the tribe-events-bar change view functionality’ is closed to new replies.