Anyway to download the translations with the waiting ones?

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Anyway to download the translations with the waiting ones?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jonne.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonne
    Participant

Anyway to download the translations with the waiting ones for glotpress? I really need the finnish translation with the finnish waiting stings that are 99% more accurate than the current translation compiled in the current build.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonne and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The short answer is no unfortunately.

This may come as a surprise, but Glotpress for our free plugins is completely outside of our control. For our premium plugins, we do have the power to approve strings.

So I guess this leaves you with 2 options:

1. Reach out to the Glotpress Finnish community (via Slack) https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/?locale=fi and ask for approval
    2. Download the current version and “fill in the blanks” manually.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Jonne
    Participant

Hi,

Im using the Pro version so you should really update the strings to the new ones on that. Anyhow I solved the issue by installing an po/mo edit plugin to wordpress and changin the strings I need until the translation gets updated to a less bad one.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jonne,

Thank you for writing back.

I am glad to hear you found a workaround.

I believe there is currently no Finnish string waiting for approval for Pro: http://translations.theeventscalendar.com/projects/tribe-events-calendar-pro

So if you have not already, you can download this version from that page and update your language files.

You can even contribute there if you wish. It’s always greatly appreciated.

If these translation file strings are not kicking in, it is probably caused by customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder

The solution is to overwrite the file located in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder with the one from glotpress.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Anyway to download the translations with the waiting ones?’ is closed to new replies.