Adding custom styles alongside default Filter Bar stylesheet

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Adding custom styles alongside default Filter Bar stylesheet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

I want to make some changes to the Filter Bar’s CSS. I can’t seem to find any documentation on how I can add custom styles and alongside the default Filter Bar stylesheet. Putting changes for Filter Bar in tribe-events.css doesn’t work because filter-view.css is loaded after the TEC and PRO stylesheets.

For TEC I know its simply creating a stylesheet called tribe-events.css in the tribe-events/ directory of my theme, while for PRO its tribe-events-pro.css in tribe-events/pro/. Where should I create a custom stylesheet for the Filter Bar, and what should the file be named?

Thanks,
    Sean

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the confusion! You should just be able to put your Filter Bar Override styles into tribe-events.css, since that stylesheet is enqueued whenever the filter bar is being displayed. Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    It looks like the filter bar styles get enqueued after the override styles, but you should be able to get around that by completely removing the filter bar styles by adding the following to your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/10780176

This will completely prevent the Filter Bar styles from being enqueued, so you can specify your own styles. Give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

Ok, just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly…
    So to add custom styles for the Filter Bar I’d have to:
    1. Add the function you created above to my functions.php file,
    2. Copy the default styles from filter-view.css into my tribe-events.css file,
    3. Make my customizations to the Filter Bar styles that are now in tribe-events.css

Casey
    Participant

That’s correct Sean. The code I shared with you will basically prevent the filter-view.css file from loading at all. So, you’ll want to add those styles (along with your customizations) to tribe-events.css to make sure everything looks good.

As with any customization, keep in mind that you’ll need to perform backups and thoroughly test things when updating the plugin, since some of your customizations might not work correctly due to things changing in the codebase.

Give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

ok thanks Casey!

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding custom styles alongside default Filter Bar stylesheet’ is closed to new replies.