Add Orgaziner to calendar detail overlay

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Add Orgaziner to calendar detail overlay

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Is it possible to add “Organizer” to the overlay box when hovering a calendar event? (Month/Week view)

Casey
    Participant

mending,
    Thanks for reaching out, and hopefully I can point you in the direction here. This functionality isn’t currently available with customizing the template views. In order to do this, first, take a look at our themer’s guide, to see how to override template files. Then you’ll want to override and modify the ‘views/month/single-event.php’ file in order to change the content of the overlay box as you’d like.

Hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction. Good luck!

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Lars
    Participant

Hi, are you sure you are talking about the right file? We are trying to “Orgaziner” to show here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8lh0w92n4wdja3/Screenshot%202014-03-25%2013.58.35.png

Casey
    Participant

Yes, that’s correct. You’ll want to look for the DIV with a class of ‘tribe-events-tooltip’. Good luck!

Lars
    Participant

This is not quite right. The file I should look for is this: /events-calendar-pro/views/pro/week/single-event-tooltip.php and into that insert something that will pull the “Organizer” title from the specific event and list it in the Tooltip overlay box. We tried this with no luck:

<!– Organizer Title –>
    <?php do_action(‘tribe_events_single_organizer_before_title’) ?>
    <?php the_title(‘<h2 class=”entry-title author fn org”>’,'</h2>’); ?>
    <?php do_action(‘tribe_events_single_organizer_after_title’) ?>

Casey
    Participant

Yes, you’re right, that’s the correct file to modify for the week view tooltips. Sorry, my previous reply was referring to the Month View tooltips. 🙂 You’ll need to use the tribe_get_organizer() function in order to display the organizer in your tooltips.

Take a look at the documentation there in order to see how to use the function. Good luck!

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Lars
    Participant

Could please just let us know what to fill in? We tried this and nothing works:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zimn6qe6peh1pci/Screenshot%202014-03-26%2014.44.01.png

shouldn’t it use eventID rather than postID as Tooltips does already?

Casey
    Participant

mending,
    You shouldn’t be putting the entire function in there. You should just be able to do something like this to output the organizer name:

<?php echo tribe_get_organizer(); ?>

Hope that helps!

Lars
    Participant

That results in nothing. No output.

Casey
    Participant

Try passing the event ID to the function like this:

echo tribe_get_organizer($event->ID);

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Orgaziner to calendar detail overlay’ is closed to new replies.