Add filter.php to theme override

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Add filter.php to theme override

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Tresp
    Participant

Hello!

We customized two files in the filter bar plugin: filter.php and filter-view-horizontal.php. I understand how to override the latter. Is it possible to override filter.php in our child theme? We edited it to turn the checkboxes into buttons.

Thank you!

Cliff

Hi, Lauren.

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/Tribe/Filter.php does not support the template override system (see ourĀ Themer’s Guide)

Only files in the “views” folder are (this is true for all our plugins), such as /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/views/

However, you might be able to leverage the PHP classes to ultimately get what you want.

Or, if you have suggestions for improving our code, we might be able to get you access to the GitHub repository to be able to submit a pull requests (or if just a minor change in a single file, I could submit it for you).

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Lauren Tresp
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add filter.php to theme override’ is closed to new replies.