Add custom filter-view.min.css

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Add custom filter-view.min.css

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paula
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to add our custom filter-view.min.css. Following instruction form this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/, I create custom css under /my-theme/tribe-events/filter-bar/filter-view.min.css

I have also tried change the file name to filter-view.css, no effect as well. I understand that “it will be loaded in addition to our stylesheets. This differs from placing custom templates in that folder, which replace our templates.” However I have checked the page source, my custom css is not added to the filter-view.min.css

Could you please let me know where I should create my filter-view.css? is that correct file name? Thank you

Regards
    Ben

Nico

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the confusion on the style override path!

The correct path to the custom filter CSS is: /my-theme/tribe-events/filterbar/filter-view.css.

Please give it a try and let me know about if it works as expected,
    Best,
    Nico

Paula
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your assistance. It worked πŸ™‚

I’d like to point out the following. I have added a custom template to overwrite template from ‘filterbars’ plugin. In order for that to work, I have to put the template in the following folder “/my-theme/tribe-event/filter-bar/filter-view-horizontal.php, please note, it needs to be name ‘filter-bar’ as its original folder is ‘/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/views/filter-bar/filter-view-horizontal.php’, and that is why it confused me to think that the css need to be added into ‘/filter-bar/’ too.

I think it would be very beneficial to state this difference in the ‘themer-guide’, and provide more custom css examples, maybe one for each plugin πŸ™‚

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
    Ben

Nico

Hey Ben,

Glad to hear that worked πŸ™‚ and thanks for the feedback, you raise a great point and it seems that we are dropping the ball with those confusing names. I’ll make an internal ticket to review this. Regarding the Themer’s Guide there are plans to update the content pretty soon!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add custom filter-view.min.css’ is closed to new replies.