ADA Accessibility Roadmap for The Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar ADA Accessibility Roadmap for The Events Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

We have had a number of clients who use your plugin that are interested in becoming more ADA compliant (more about ADA compliance guidelines) and there are a number of instances (primarily in the filter bar) where I would have to modify core files in order to increase compliance. I’m curious how much thought Modern Tribe has put into these standards and if there was a roadmap in mind for tackling some of the issues we’re seeing. I’m happy to help collaborate and share findings thus far if they were able to be implemented.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this topic.

Let me first note that accessibility is definitely a concern for us and we recognize it is an area where we have room for improvement.

We do have some accessibility issues logged already, but if you are willing to itemize some specifics, we’d love to hear from you.

We would also be open to giving you (or a developer on your team) access to our Filter Bar repository, so that you can submit pull requests if you wish to do so.

Let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Chris
    Participant

Hi Victor, I would love to help out with this project and give some specifics. Do you have a Trello board or anything that you track issues in or would a spreadsheet be the easiest format for your team?

Additionally, if you were able to grant my developer’s Git account access (https://github.com/M27Mangan) I’d be excited to help contribute to the project.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

Thanks for following up with this.

We’ve just granted Matthew access to the Filter Bar repository.

We don’t have a Trello board, as we keep track of the issues in our internal report system. But feel free to track the issues on Trello or a spreadsheet (whatever works best for you) and share it with us if you’d like.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with. 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘ADA Accessibility Roadmap for The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.