which add-on is best for both (event registration) and (use filter by category)

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions which add-on is best for both (event registration) and (use filter by category)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mark carlson

i have many event categories and want to allow user to see dropdown of event categories on the front end (and see list of only those)

and

i want to be able to force registration for events

is there ONE solution for both of these?

Thanks
    Mark

George
    Participant

Hey Mark!

Thanks for reaching out, and for your interest in our plugins. To get both features you describe here, unfortunately, you would need all of the following plugins:

• The Events Calendar (the core plugin for events, which is needed for any events functionality)
    • Filter Bar (the category filters)
    • Event Tickets (core plugin that allows for free registration/RSVP to events)

If you want to charge money for event registrations, i.e. sell tickets, essentially, then you would need to also add these two plugins:
    • WooCommerce
    • Event Tickets Plus

George

mark
    Participant

Hi George – how do i force the registrant THROUGH the ticket process before getting ical download? The reason i upgraded to these two additional plugin/addons was to make sure I know attendance (via registration) and so that i can reach out to registrants prior to the event.
    Thanks
    Mark

George
    Participant

Hey Mark,

Thanks for your follow-up. You write this question:

how do i force the registrant THROUGH the ticket process before getting ical download?

☝️ I’m not certain what means, so can you please clarify what you mean? Are you saying that you don’t want the “Export to iCal” links to show unless the person viewing the page has purchased tickets for that event?

— George

mark
    Participant

yes George – I am saying that I want to use “tickets” as a way to get information for who is attending. It would help in preparing for webinars to know if anyone is registered. right now, they can download the ical link and not get a ticket.

George
    Participant

Hey Mark,

I appreciate your reply, though I must admit I am still a bit uncertain about the connection between iCal links and tickets. There is no connection between iCal export links and tickets with any of our plugins at this time. Does this fact help clarify things?

I am sorry for the misunderstanding on my end; please feel free to elaborate further on things. It might help to break things into two steps:

1. What things currently happen with our software?
    2. What things do you want to happen instead?

Thanks,
    George

mark
    Participant

Hi George – please see my original forum post below before I purchased the additional plugins:
    —–“i have many event categories and want to allow user to see dropdown of event categories on the front end (and see list of only those) —and—i want to be able to force registration for events. is there ONE solution for both of these? Thanks, Mark—–

So my original question was what to use to force registration for events. Your solution was ‘tickets’. my question is the same. how do i force users through a registration process so that I can know who intends on coming. right now the tickets/registration is OPTIONAL, not forced since The Events Calendar shows the ical export and the tickets at the same time. Is there a way for a user to see only the tickets, until they reserve a ticket with email, then go to another landing page where they see the ical export?

Thanks
    Mark

George
    Participant

Is there a way for a user to see only the tickets, until they reserve a ticket with email, then go to another landing page where they see the ical export?

☝️ There is not a way to do this at this time. 🙁 I am sorry to disappoint!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘which add-on is best for both (event registration) and (use filter by category)’ is closed to new replies.