Help Desk

what a mess

Sorry, this plugin has never worked right.
    I just tried importing 2 events, neither imported. Next, I tried importing just one of them, it showed up without the featured image. I went in and manually added it. (defeating the purpose of this plugin) The cost box also does not get pre-populated so no price shows up on the “events” page. I manually go in and add the price, (defeating the purpose of this plugin) save the event and now the “Tickets” box disappeared. If I refresh the page, It appears. Refresh again, and it disappears.

https://georgian.edu/event/new-years-day-with-maestro-anthony-lagruth/

I guess I will go back to MANUALLY creating these 47 events that need to be done TODAY, creating a button to the Eventbrite page.

And no, I can not set our university’s live website to the default template and disable all plugins.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear about your problems with Eventbrite imports.

As for the ticket price issue, when you import the event, is the ticket price only not-visible on the list view? Or it’s not visible anywhere?

I believe this is a missing feature of the plugin, which we already have ticketed. On the single event page you will see the ticket frame with the prices, but the ticket price field of the event is not filled out automatically, so you will not see the price on the list view. I will add your voice to our internal ticket and you will be notified here when the issue receives a fix.

it showed up without the featured image

We are aware of this bug and our developers are looking into it.

I will get back to you with a workaround soon. Thanks for your patience!

If I refresh the page, It appears. Refresh again, and it disappears.

I have checked that URL and refreshed the page a number of times. I didn’t experience the disappearing act, the ticket frame showed up on every load.

And no, I can not set our university’s live website to the default template and disable all plugins.

Naturally we understand that you do not want to do testing on a live website. Nonetheless, running different tests is sometimes unavoidable. We recommend our users to have a staging site and test plugins updates there before running the updates on a live site. Also a staging site is helpful when searching for the source of bugs and running different tests. If there is no staging or test site, then there is still the option of using a plugin like Health Check, which allows the admin to run tests, deactivate plugins and change themes without the website visitors noticing a thing about that.

Fortunately in this case no testing is needed. However, if testing would be needed, and you cannot run tests on the live site, and you don’t have a staging site then our options of support becomes limited.

Cheers,
    Andras

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Rich!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the featured image not importing.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

As for the prices not showing up in the list view, we are aiming to fix that in our next maintenance release. We’ll let you know once it’s fixed.

Best,
    Victor