webcal subscribe problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO webcal subscribe problems

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

In events-calendar-pro.php edit line 265 to read `$content .= “VERSION:2.0\n”;`

Eric
    Participant

Perfect! That fixed my problem as well.. thanks Andy!

Andy Fragen

No problem. Glad that’s all it was.

Rob

Thanks for pointing Eric in the right direction here, Andy. I’ve asked the devs to take a look at that 2.0/2.0.3 discrepancy to see what we changed in 2.0.3.

I can also confirm, Andy, that the link now works again – so I’ve got our dev Joey taking a look at that too, so he can hopefully point you in the right direction. Stay tuned.

Joey Kudish

Hi everyone,

Thanks for finding the solution Andy and sharing it with everyone one. You are absolutely correct in that it’s the version of iCalendar and not of our plugin. We must of accidentally changed this when releasing version 2.0.3. We’ll make sure to have that fixed in 2.1 which is our next release and we’ll let other users know of the solution.

Thanks again,
    Joey

Andy Fragen

Joachim, let’s not forget the real reason for this thread. There are events that show up on the calendar that don’t show when subscribed to the feed in iCal.

Thanks.

Joey Kudish

Andy, are you saying that the events still don’t appear when you fix the VERSION issue?

Andy Fragen

Yes, but it’s different events. Look at all the Wednesday Scout Meetings. They exist in the calendar but not in my subscription. Currently, look at February’s Wednesday night Scout Meetings in calendar but not in subscription.

This fix that I found was likely just an error introduced in 2.0.3, someone thinking it was the version number for ECP and not iCalendar.

Joey Kudish

Hi Andy,

Yes, that was in fact an error on our part (regarding the version). So you’re saying that some of your events still don’t appear in the iCal feed even after fixing the version issue in the code? Sorry if I am repeating myself again, just want to make sure we’re on the same page and your last answer wasn’t 100% clear 🙂

Thanks!
    Joey

Andy Fragen

Yes Joey, the original problem, prior to ECP v2.0.3 and the incorrect version number is still present. To see examples refer to my Feb calendar at http://troop262ps.org/events. There is a difference between what’s on the calendar and what is in the subscription.

I think I may have found a cause. I deleted one of the series of meetings to change it’s location, etc and created a new event for that single episode. Since I had to delete the event that was part of the series for that day, Feb 1, all subsequent events in the subscribed feed aren’t present though they do exist on the calendar.

Sam
    Participant

For me if I look at the actual content of the feed through feedvalidator I see the recurring posts with all of their recurrences but they do not show up when imported into Google Calendar. For instance the first recurring event that shows up in the feed is “Richard’s Care Group”:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hcfsidney.ca%2Fevents%2Fical%2F

Doing a search of the validator page reveals 21 entries (a couple of those are not part of the recurring event but the rest are).

In Google Calendar only one instance of the recurring event shows up – the rest do not. It doesn’t make sense and there seems to be no reason to which instance of the recurring event shows on the calendar. Sometimes its the first occurrence but sometimes it is one 2-3 months away.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, guys. We’re looking into this now and either Joey or myself will update this thread just as soon as we know more. I apologize for the inconvenience so far.

Joey Kudish

Hi everyone,

Just to give you an update of where things stand. We’ve done a bit of digging, and identified this as a definite bug. It’s on our roadmap for the 2.1 release to fix this (this is our next release). We’ll update this thread as soon as we have a more concrete solution, but I can’t say that this will be immediate.

Thanks for your patience & in the mean time let us know if you find anything further on your side 🙂

Happy weekend!
    Joey

Rob

Just a heads up that we’ve hotfixed this and wrote a blog post on it with instructions for rectifying: https://theeventscalendar.com/fix-deployed-for-broken-webcal-import-in-2-0-3/. Users installing the plugin fresh won’t be impacted by this; those who already had it installed should re-download. The issue should be set in the new code.

Thanks for being patient, and do let us know if you need anything else or have problems on this front.

Andy Fragen

Rob, this fix is only for part of the problem right? The part dealing with the inadvertent change to the version number and not the issue this thread started about which was events on the calendar not showing up in the iCal export/feed. Or does this fix all of it? You only seemed to address the first part in the blog post.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • The topic ‘webcal subscribe problems’ is closed to new replies.