Help Desk

"View All Events" link not working properly

My calendar is set to a monthly view with a max of 3 events shown per day. When I click on “View All (# of events for same day) Events, the link is not working properly. It just brings the user to the first page of the calendar (January 2018). If you refresh the entire page, then yes, the link works properly and will show the remaining events for that particular day.

For example, on my calendar when you click on View All Events for February 3, 2018, you are directed here:
    “website name.com”/?date=2018-02-03&tribe_event_display=day (and this just directs to the first page Jan 2018)

When the correct link should be:
    “website name.com”/2018-02-03/ (and then shows ALL events for February 3, 2018

How to fix?

Hi John,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In the meantime, can you try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.  You will want to clear your browser and site cache as well after doing this.

Thanks,

Jaime

This reply has been marked as private.

System info sent privately. Also, went to Settings > Permalinks and then clicked on Save. Cleared out browser and cache, but still appears to be an issue

Thanks for your help.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  John.

Hi John,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

Can you link me to the page where you are seeing this issue?  Is this on your main calendar page, or using a shortcode?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi John,

Okay, I see the issue that you are referring to.  Have you been able to go through our testing for conflicts procedure, as detailed in my previous response?

Let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi John,

Have you set anything up at /calendar-of-events? Or ever had anything set up there?

Let me know how the testing for conflicts goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Yes, /calendar-of-events/ is and has been our calendar home page which reflects the current month. Following months –> /calendar-of-events/?tribe-bar-date=2018-03, /calendar-of-events/?tribe-bar-date=2018-04, etc. For individual events, the link is /event/name-of-event/

Haven’t found a conflict during testing.

Hi John,

Thanks for providing me with all of this information.  After changing your slug, having the problem resolved, can you flush your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.  You will want to clear your browser and site cache as well after doing this.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Unfortunately, this did not work.

Hi John,

Unfortunately we cannot log in to your site per our Support Policy, but I will do my best to assist you here.

Can you show me, perhaps in a screenshot or with URLs, the difference between the calendar you want to achieve and the “squished” calendar that you were referring to?  Perhaps we can fix this with a bit of CSS, since the URLs seem to be working now.

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi John,

Thank you for providing me with all of that information.  At this point, it seems like what we can do is to edit the single events template so that the sidebar shows up again, so that things will be back to normal.

To get you started, we have a guide to help you with customizing templates. Once you’ve got the template set up, you can add your sidebar to the template by using get_sidebar.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi John,

Okay, so let’s clarify the original issue before we start over here:

Is this correct?

In any case, as I had mentioned previously, let’s start by going through our testing for conflicts procedure, to see if that sheds light on any conflict.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

From you: Okay, so let’s clarify the original issue before we start over here:

Go to this page: https://www.nashville.com/calendar-of-events/ – Yes, check!

Click on a day with “View All Events” – Only on months “other than the first / front / home page of the calendar.” Meaning, the home page of the calendar is the current month, February 2018 and the view all events on this page works properly. It does not work for March, April, May, etc.

You are brought to a different page: Yes, if you are on any month other than the current month, the View All Events does not work. The link just brings you back the full calendar view instead of the events for that particular day.

We have tested for conflicts.

Hi John,

With the way that you currently have things set up, do you still see this issue?  Here is what I did:

Can you try clearing your browser cache and/or viewing the site in a private window without any browser history, to test if the issue still occurs?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Please try again

Please also see: murfreesboro.com/calendar-of-events

Go to the next month (March) and try to click on any date with View All Links – this calendar is having the same issue. The link will not work unless the page is refreshed.

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the help desk. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.

Subscribe to Updates