Using filter bar on category specific Calendars

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Using filter bar on category specific Calendars

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Whalen
    Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased the Events Calendar Pro with the Filter bar to achieve a scenario in which I have a few calendars based on some categories, and then have filterable sub-categories.

The issue is that according to this (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-is-not-showing-up/), the filter bar doesn’t seem to work on calendars created via the shortcode, which I am doing to create the category specific calendars.

Is there a way to enable the filter bar on these calendars, or show only the sub categories of the currently category url in the filter. IE /category/my-category only shows my-category sub categories in the filter?

Thanks,
    Scott

Cliff

Hi, Scott.

Correct. I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17840326-make-filter-bar-compatible-with-shortcoded-calenda

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

You could, however, just use the built-in URLs like yoursite-com/events/category/your-category/photo/ and then the Filter Bar filters will appear there.

You could also use Filter Bar to generate a specific URL for multiple categories.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Anthony Whalen
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

Using the filter bar on the /category page is almost a perfect solution, however the main issue I have is the filter bar will show ALL categories. But what I need it to do is display only the sub categories of what every category I am in.

Do you know of any way to achieve this?

Thanks again

Cliff

Hi. Sorry for the delayed reply.

To implement your desired customization(s), you’d probably need to leverage our Themer’s Guide for this file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-filterbar/src/Tribe/Filters/Category.php

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Anthony Whalen
    Participant

Thanks Cliff,

I’ll see what I can do!

Cliff

Sure thing!

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Using filter bar on category specific Calendars’ is closed to new replies.