Help Desk

Two addresses showing up when importing events from Google Calendar

I’m importing events from my google calendar which includes the correct address, however, I am getting a second address that is incorrect. I can’t find why this is happening anywhere. Please help asap!
    Thank you!
    Jennifer

Hi jdancu,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry about this address issue you are experiencing.

This is likely a bug that we already know about and we are working on a fix.

I see the source data in your screenshot. Can you share another one that shows the result of the import?

Does this happen with move events?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Here’s what it looks like in my calendar after import. All of them have 2 addresses. My company works with senior citizens and this will be VERY confusing to them. They rely on the correct address. Hope this is a quick fix!
    Thank You!
    Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. That confirms it is the bug we are aware about and we are working on a fix. At the moment I don’t have any information on when that is going to be released.

The only workaround I can suggest at the moment is changing the venue details manually.

If the changes get overwritten with a new import, then setting the Event Update Authority to any of these:

• Do not re-import events. Changes made locally will be preserved
    • Import events but preserve local changes to event field

The setting can be found under Events > Settings > Imports tab.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released. I also hope it’s going to come soon.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Any solution to this problem yet??

Hi jdancu,

Thanks for the ping.

We have identified the issue and gathered a lot of information. We also have possible solution paths. We are waiting for a decision to be made on which path to take, then the fix / change needs to be coded.

To give you a bit more detail on the issue and why it is taking a bit longer than usual: the geocoder API we use gives back the wrong information, so we might need to change the API we use.

There are different options with different costs associated.

We want to choose a solution that serves our customers well, doesn’t push costs on them and makes future development and maintenance manageable for us.

Since the option are laid out I do hope this is not going to take too long any more.

While I still cannot give you a rough timeline on when this is going to be fixed, feel free to ping for an update any time.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hello! Checking on this issue again, as it’s been 2 more months and it’s
    still an issue. If this isn’t going to be resolved soon, I’d like a
    reimbursement and I will find another route to import my google
    calendar. Please advise.
    Thank you!
    Jennifer Dancu

This reply has been marked as private.

Thank you Andras, I would like to stick with you all but not if you think it’s going to continue this way. Do you have any idea if this can be fixed? or not? If you don’t think it will, then I will need to ask for a refund and find another option to import. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Jennifer Dancu

Hi Jennifer,

Your frustration is completely understandable, but we’d love to retain you as a customer if we can.

The team have a plan to resolve this, but it’s going to take a while longer to roll out. I can’t say how long exactly … and, as you’re aware, it’s already taken longer than we generally aim for to bring resolution to this problem. However, we are hopeful that over the course of the next couple of maintenance releases we’ll be able to bring some effective changes to bear.

That to say, we’re looking at a timeline of less than 2 months to get some positive adjustments in place, however, do understand that that is a best estimate and not a guarantee.

I hope that updates your picture of things, but please do let us know if you have any further questions.