tribe_get_linked_posts_by_post_type now returns empty array

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO tribe_get_linked_posts_by_post_type now returns empty array

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

tribe_get_linked_posts_by_post_type returning an empty array since the last update – I call it with the correct post type name and the correct post id – but nothing is now returned, whereas previously it used to return the associated linked records

David
    Participant

I still need assistance

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry for a bit of delay in getting back to you. We are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and we are slowly getting back to normal response times.

Unfortunately, I’ve just tried on my end and I can confirm the tribe_get_linked_posts_by_post_type() no longer works in the latest version of The Events Calendar.

I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as pending fix and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

In the meantime, you can downgrade to our previous version of the plugin in which it seems to work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Cliff

David, Victor tested the function against the Venues post type, which doesn’t allow multiple being attached to a single Event, which exposed a bug.

I’ve slotted this for an upcoming fix and, if it passes all the checks, it should be released soon (a month or so). We do not guarantee release dates so it may not be this time period.

Here’s the pull request for your reference, in case you want to modify your own core plugin files (generally not recommended but okay to do in this particular situation — just know any updates you do will wipe it out and you’d have to re-implement this fix): https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/pull/1957/files

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

David
    Participant

Thanks for the fix – but in all honesty, 4 months to put back a feature that was broken by a previous release and worked just fine prior to that is insane – this resulted in me having to buy another plugin to associate posts together as I could not rely on you to fix it – it turns out, my judgement was correct as 4 months is far too long to have to wait

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for following up with this.

I’m sorry the time it took us to fix this was too long for you. It seems the fix ended up requiring many more changes in many different parts of the code than initially estimated. For this, it had to be postponed for at least two previous releases before the final fixes ended up passing all the QA processes.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience.

I’ll close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘tribe_get_linked_posts_by_post_type now returns empty array’ is closed to new replies.