Help Desk

To insert a label in the "View As" form for screen reader accessibility

Hi I am working on a government website and accessibility is an important rule factor. As a result I have to add labels to all contents. Everything in this plugin is correct except the “View as” section. The error says that a label is present but is not linking to the correct “id”. It is an error with the events calendar. Please let me know how to find the .php file to add the correct label

You can go to wave.webaim.org and type in http://abovethefoldstudios.com/wp/events/ as the website name to understand the issue. Please help

Hi Shobin Thomas,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and reporting that.

Accessibility is also an important focus for us, so I will log this and we’ll try to get it fixed in an upcoming version.

Meanwhile you can try to do the following.

You will need to create a template override for this file:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php

Make a copy of it under:

wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/modules/bar.php

There you can do any modifications.

I guess you will need to give an id to the <select> in line 43, and add that also to the label in line 42.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Hi..it is fixed..thanks 😊

Awesome to hear that worked!

We will give you a ping when that is fixed in the code, so you can remove the template override.

Cheers,
    Andras

Thanks..Glad that it is taken care

🙂

Hi Andras,

I need one more help. I used the events calendar in my website and for some reason the top left “EVENTS IN” form is messed up.

http://abovethefoldstudios.com/wp/events/

Can you let me know what the reason might be and a good fix to it?

In the display settings, I am using

Default stylesheet used for events templates: Tribe Events Styles

Events template: Default Events Template

Thanks,

Please disregard my previous request. I fixed it myself. Thanks. Awesome plugin

Stoked to hear you found a solution! Congrats!

On the previous issue with the screen reader, a fix has been developed and is waiting to be tested. If it passed QA, then it will be released at the end of this month. Will keep you posted.

Andras

Thanks Andras. Sorry to bother you with one more question. Is there a way to change the text of the top left label “EVENTS IN” to “CHOOSE MONTH”. I read through a fix of adding a piece of code to functions.php of the theme. But these were questions posted a year ago. I installed an extention which just allows us to change just the label word “Events” which was not much helpful. Do we still make changes to the label text like that or please suggest me if we have any other easy steps. Thanks.

Here is my events calendar page.

http://abovethefoldstudios.com/wp/events/

Thanks for all your help.

Hi again,

Sure thing, that can be done with the Say What plugin easily.

Install and activate the plugin. Then go to Tools > Text changes and select add new.

Then set up the new string like on this screenshot.

Save and check if it works.

Cheers,
    Andras

That Worked, Thanks for your precious time, Andras. You are awesome.

Also can you suggest me the best way to embed the events calendar as part of a page. Thanks.

Basically what happened is that I am finished with all the final customization of my events calendar and I realized that my website has different pages with different menus(for different languages) for which I use the “Page Specific Menu Items” plugin. But because this is an automatically generated page, I am not able to control the menu items that I want to choose for this page.

Is there a way to remove the header and the footer and just have the events calendar? or make the events calendar a part of the page. What do you suggest in my case. Thanks.

Hi Andras, please disregard my previous request. I used a different plugin called “conditional menus” and fixed the issue. Thanks for your support.

You’re very welcome! Super happy to hear you found a solution.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Cheers,
    Andras

Sure Andras..thanks for all your help..definitely a wonderful experience..😊 😊

We are happy to hear that and appreciate the feedback!

On the ‘View as’ bug, the fix will be tested soon and if it passes, it will be released at the end of the month.

Cheers,
    Andras

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.