Help Desk

Tags not sorting correctly

1) Hey, my tags seem to be sorting in reverse chrono order. I haven’t figured out a workaround for this. I could really use some help on this.

2) And… they don’t have the formatting of the List – they just have titles. Best I’ve gotten so far on this issue is making a child theme, taking the widgets.php and renaming it tags.php. Obviously, not great, but okay.

This reply has been marked as private.

1) Hey, my tags seem to be sorting in reverse chrono order. I haven’t figured out a workaround for this. I could really use some help on this.

There does seem to be a possible bug here, I’ll get this logged for further investigation – thanks for reporting 🙂

2) And… they don’t have the formatting of the List – they just have titles.

That’s right. Tags are actually shared by posts (regular WordPress blog posts, that is) and events, they aren’t a separate/event-specific taxonomy – so they are presented in a list just like ordinary posts rather than an event-style list.

Actually … I was confusing myself there 🙂

Just as when events are integrated into the main blog loop, when they are integrated within the tag archive they do indeed display in reverse chronological order – and this is expected behaviour.

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!