Tags and Categories in Event Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Tags and Categories in Event Calendar Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Newport

Hi
    We are thinking about buying a pro-liscense for one of our sites.
    Does the pro version support standard WordPress post categories and tags? I’ve got so far with tutorials on this site, and categories work fine, but Tags from a standard wordpress tag cloud widget don’t work.

This is not a deal breaker, we are impressed enough with the plugin that we want to buy the pro-version any way for the additional features, but it just has implications on whether or not it we have a tag-cloud.
    Regards
    Paul

Rob

Hi there Paul. Thanks for reaching out, and for your interest in the PRO release. At this point the Events Calendar PRO plugin uses its own category taxonomy (rather than tapping into WordPress’ broader one) and doesn’t include tags. However, a user submitted and we published a tut on how to tap into WordPress’ own category/tag structure as you see fit (https://theeventscalendar.com/integrating-wordpress-categories-tags-with-your-events/).

In 2.1, which should be out at the end of the summer, we’ll also be integrating officially-supported tags into the codebase. So relief should be in sight on that end.

Hope this helps. If you’ve got other questions, just let me know. Thanks again for your interest.

Paul Newport

Hi Rob, thanks for the swift response. Good news about the tags/category integration. It sounds like our timescales will dovetail nicely with this release.

I’ve followed the tutorial you mention. Categories work fine (I use the a plugin called Collapsible Categories ), but tags, while recorded, have the issue of when they show up in the tag cloud have the address */events/tags/* rather than */tags/*. I’ve been using the os version of the plugin, and helped bump the following thread.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-the-events-calendar-events-slug-overriding-tag-base
    So from what you say there, come the first couple of weeks of August my problem with the Tag cloud will be resolved 🙂
    And just so you know I’ve just purchased the pro version.
    Many thanks

Paul

Joyce Grace

Hi Paul! Glad to hear you went with Pro 🙂 If you have any more troubles or issues, be sure to hit us up a message at the Pro forums 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tags and Categories in Event Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.