Sales Order Reports missing orders?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sales Order Reports missing orders?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ameet
    Participant

Hi,
    We are seeing issues with our Sales Order report not reporting all the orders for a particular event. This is the same report we see from the admin as well as what the organizer sees. The attendees list is accurate but makes it challenging because the orders report seems to omit orders. I’m seeing this same behaviour across 3 different reports. Attaching a screenshot of a report, where you can see the Number of tickets sold yet the tickets don’t add up if you look at the number of orders and their quantity in the list.

I’ve upgrade to the latest of everything, (including Events Calendar 3.12.6 on local dev) but not sure what is going on as there are just missing orders. Any insight on how to debug would be helpful as we have to answer to the organizers right now who are looking at these reports and wondering what the discrepancy is between the attendees list and this.

——-
    Orders Report (say 30 tickets sold, only 19 show up, missing 3 orders)

View post on imgur.com

Attendees Report (show the bottom 3 orders that are not on the Orders Report, those account for missing 11 tix)

View post on imgur.com

Nico

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about this issue 🙁

From what I’m seeing in the screenshots you shared here and from a quick look to the orders table code, this seems to be a ‘pagination/display’ issue. In the sample you shared the missing orders are the first 3 and only 8 are getting displayed.

Can you check if this is the same for the other cases were this is reported? I mean the earliest orders are the ones that are getting excluded, and that the table shows up to 8 results.

If the table is showing a maximum of 8 orders: Can you check the value for WP-Admin > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most? Does the Neue theme have a setting related to the amount of posts to show per page?

Please let me know about this,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Ameet,

Just a quick follow-up on this, I could confirm that the setting in WP-Admin > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most is limiting the amount of orders shown in the table. Probably that’s the issue here. Do you think you can adjust that number for now? I’ll report this, but most probably this won’t be addressed in next release.

Thanks,
    Nico

Ameet
    Participant

Nico,
    I don’t think this is the issue in my case. My blog pages show at most is set to 18 posts. I don’t think it is something I want to adjust lightly since we have a pretty heavily visited site and that is the number our categories show.

—–
    That order I sent to you has only 8 orders showing, but there are also 2 missing ones which are the earliest, there are 10 orders in all.

Another one I have shows only 13 orders, but there are actually 36 orders which are earlier, which perhaps is on page 2.
    (screenshot) http://i.imgur.com/Aqe4j8Y.png

Right now I have my admin setting to show 18 but as you can see you cannot see even 18 on the page.

I’m not quite certain is is a pagination issue?
    Can you provide a little hack code that I can just use to verify that all the orders are being pulled?

Nico

Hey Ameet,

Thanks for following-up! Just wanted to check if in your case it related to that setting, but it doesn’t seem to. Not sure, maybe some global value is interfering there. I’ve logged this bug, and mostly sure it will be fixed in the first maintenance release as the next release is already in QA and coming out really soon.

For now please try adding this snippet to your functions.php file:

/**
    * Remove limit on number of posts to show within the ticket orders screen.
    * @param WP_Query $query
    */
    function fix_orders_query( WP_Query $query ) {

$screen = get_current_screen();
    if ( $screen->base != 'admin_page_tickets-orders' ) return;

// Is this the query we're looking for?
    $type = $query->get( 'post_type' );
    $meta = $query->get( 'meta_query' );

if ( 'tribe_wooticket' !== $type || ! is_array( $meta ) || '_tribe_wooticket_event' !== @$meta[0]['key'] )
    return;

// Meddle once then never again
    remove_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'fix_orders_query' );

// Remove any constraints on the number of posts to return
    $query->set( 'posts_per_page', '-1' );
    }

add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'fix_orders_query' );

Give a try and let me know,
    Best,
    Nico

Ameet
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    This code is timing me out:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Sites/xl-events/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 560

Not really sure why. I’ll try more test tmrw.

Ameet
    Participant

Nico,
    This part is a little more serious cause our promoter pointed this out. The math at the top of the report is completely incorrect.

View post on imgur.com

They sold 60 tickets (it actually says 61 of 101) at $20 a piece. That should be $1200, but it shows $360 in total revenue (ticket sales).

I’ve confirmed in my paypal account, that the $1200 was indeed made, but the report is all jacked up.

Hoping you guys can figure out a patch for this ASAP, it is pretty nasty.

Ameet
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Ameet
    Participant

Hi Nico,

So I agree, there are two issues here, but glad I have your ear to discuss.
    So this the workflow we have.

I have Woocommerce Auto Complete Plugin installed and have it set for Virtual orders so that any order coming in would autocomplete. That being said, you are correct that we did have some orders that came in and we set to Complete, but we didn’t receive payment, so then ended up getting Cancelled.

There were approximately 3-4 orders like that. All the orders are real and have come via the website. Let me know if I can share something more with you.

I do think this is happening when orders are cancelled, but for the calculations to be that far off is concerning.

Nico

This reply is private.

Ameet
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Ameet
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Sales Order Reports missing orders?’ is closed to new replies.