Redirect to a set filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Redirect to a set filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    themiamistudent
    Participant

Hello,

I want to use the filter bar to display different calendars at different points in my site. I know that once a user gets to the calendar they can manually choose the filter they want to see but I want it so that different filters are already set on certain pages. For example when I go to “Sports” page I want the Event Category to default to sports so that users are already on the sports view instead of manually filtering it in. Is there any way I can do this?

Please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Brielle

Josh
    Participant

Hello Brielle,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely something that can be accomplished! The easiest approach will be to go to your calendar and then just select the filter options to get the page displaying in the way that you will like it to look when linked to. You’ll then notice that your site’s URL will have a long query string at the end (http://yourdomain.com/?tribe_…). You can copy these URLs and use them wherever you like throughout your site to link to those specific views.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

themiamistudent
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your help. The only problem I’m having is that my URL isn’t changing when I set the filters I want. Is this because of the live ajax? If I have to disable to ajax to have the url updated then I will do that!

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Brielle

Josh
    Participant

Hello themiamistudent,

Thanks for following up with us!

Is this ajax setting your describing controlled site-wide for your site by another plugin or your theme? You can try changing that to see if it creates the URLs as previously described.

Let me know if this works for you. If not, we can do some digging to help find other possible directions to help you get the information you need.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello themiamistudent,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We like to close tickets after they’ve been inactive for a while. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.
    Thanks!

– Josh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirect to a set filter’ is closed to new replies.