Help Desk

Recurring Event Duplicates – Google Calendar Import – Strange error Pattern

Hi Support,

Having issues with recurring event duplicates, eg.

Every Thurs there’s an event “Marketing Meeting”, though every second week this event gets duplicated? (attached Image) very weird pattern (no duplicates in Google)

Import runs Hourly, I know Events, Events PRO and Aggregator were all updated to latest version in the last 2 weeks which seems to have triggered these duplicates to happen. Was all running fine for the last 1-2 years seamlessly using Events PRO, Aggregator

Not sure what could be causing this issue?

Hi Andrew!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

I can see the duplicated events in your calendar, but I’m not really sure what could be causing it.

Could you please share with us (in a private reply if you’d like) the Google Calendar URL you are using to import the events from?

I will run some tests on my end to see if I can reproduce the duplicates and see if I can find the source of the problem.

Additionally, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, wait so that the import runs a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Andrew!

Thanks so much for your cooperation and patience so far.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the duplicates when importing from gCal. The issue seems to be only with recurring events specifically, only when they are modified from Google Calendar.

As Event Aggregator does not support recurring events to be imported as such and each recurring instance is imported as a single event, then there is not a direct link between these and the ones in gCal thus creating new duplicates.

We currently have a report for this problem that intends to find a solution for this. I will set this thread’s status to Pending fix and link it to that report. We will let you know once a fix is made.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.