Randon 0 Category Shown on Event Filter bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Randon 0 Category Shown on Event Filter bar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alan Lewis
    Participant

HI we are seeing a “0” category appearing on our Filter bar under “Village Town or City” filter
    There is nothing in the category – and I have looked through trying to find it both on Event brite itself and through wordpress but although I can see the id cat value – I cannot find it anywhere

How do we get rid? Hide?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

If you have looked and its nowhere to be found you can try removing it with a function. I am not sure why there would be a category since this is not a common issue.

Try this function by adding it to the bottom of your functions.php and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

https://gist.github.com/bskousen/0f0bbd5b4a5dc8680930a99e9644d4fa

Alan Lewis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Alan Lewis
    Participant

Hi Brendan, thank you. I did add this code in but sadly it hasn’t addressed the issue. Is there a way to hide it even by css? Here is the page where you will see the offending “0” in the filter

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I was afraid of that. It sounds like bad data or a conflict of some type.

It could be left over from some transient in your database. So on a test site, you may want to install a plugin to clean up your database and especially delete transients.

There isn’t a way to target this through CSS unless your site venues were to never change again, then you could but, that is not a long-term solution.

Another option is to test for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (with WP_DEBUG enabled). If you need a testing environment, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Alan Lewis
    Participant

Hi Brendan, we are still unable to resolve the issue. After creating a duplicate testing website, we have ran updates, checked for conflicts and also deleted transients in the database and even tried to search for the post id itself.

What do we do now as we are at a loss here?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

When you test with WP_Debug, are there any error messages?

Thanks,
    Brendan

Alan Lewis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brendan
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Alan Lewis
    Participant

HI Brendan, thank you that has worked many thanks
    What do we do moving forward however? As we need a long term solution

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Glad that work.

For a long-term solution, you mentioned you can see the id cat value but it’s not in your WordPress. It could mean you can clean up transients to resolve this. Search for a transient cleanup plugin and see that is able to clean up the leftover code in the database.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Randon 0 Category Shown on Event Filter bar’ is closed to new replies.