Pro shortcodes – show category and tag not available as options?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pro shortcodes – show category and tag not available as options?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hi – I have checked the documentation via this link but it appears you cannot show either the categories or the tags? Is there a reason for this/can it be done?

Documentation:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

Section headed “Choose which information is displayed” says:

Also, just like the advanced list widget itself, it is possible to specify extra information which should be displayed, such as the phone number and address of each venue:

[tribe_events_list phone=”yes” address=”yes”]
    Here’s a complete list of those optional details:

venue
    country
    address
    city
    region
    zip
    phone
    cost
    organizer

Cliff

Hi, Sally. You could use our tribe_events shortcode (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/). If you want to use another shortcode, such as tribe_events_list and you want it to have additional functionality, please submit this as a new feature request (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Hi – thanks very much. I checked the feature requests and found my own which I had forgotten I had logged a while back! It is here:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17101300-advanced-list-widget-tribe-events-list-to-allow

Cliff

Thanks for finding that old request of yours. I see it’s from 2016, and it was awaiting release of the shortcode I pointed you to. Reading your UserVoice request, though, that shortcode can filter by but not really display in the same way as the Events List widget/shortcode, which can also filter by but not display the assigned taxonomy(ies).

Therefore, I logged this request internally as well and hopefully that will help it get a bit more attention with the developers.

I’ve linked that internal ticket to this Help Desk thread so this thread will receive an update if/when such functionality is released.

Thanks for sharing your request! Is there anything more I can help you with at this time?

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Dear Cliff,

That is brilliant – many thanks indeed and great that you see what I mean! Thanks for the confirmation of that understanding.

Cliff

You’re welcome. Hopefully they’ll get to it sooner than later for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pro shortcodes – show category and tag not available as options?’ is closed to new replies.