pre-sale questions: conditional CSS for tags&categories, related events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions pre-sale questions: conditional CSS for tags&categories, related events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert

Hi,
    We’re running a website which uses another Events plugins, but we want to switch to Events Calendar. So, we have some pre-sale questions;
    1/ Is there a way to use conditional logic to list events in /events page?
    Here’s an example,
    We have different events, with different a radio button custom attributes, like “Confirmed/Pending”. What we want to do is to use different CSS attribute to day box color, depending on the event attribute, whether is “confirmed” or “pending”, and show this at Events page list
    Example 2,
    Events have (or not) a tag called “featured”. Is it possible to list events in /events page, and Show or Not the Featured image of the event depending if it has the tag or not? Or if this could be achieved not using tags but custom attributes or specific category, would also do the work.

2/ Is there a way to configure which Events to show on related events at Single Page Event? Like show only events from the same Organizator.

Thanks in advance, and hope we can figure it and make the switch. Not mentioned, but we’re going to buy Pro version.

Geoff

Hey Robert,

Thanks for getting in touch — so glad to hear you’re making the move to The Events Calendar!

Great questions. Let me try to tackle these one at a time.

1/ Is there a way to use conditional logic to list events in /events page?

We do use CSS classes quite liberally in the markup. For example, every event with a category will have a class specifically for that category. That gives you a greater degree of control when using CSS to target certain events, like styling it differently than events in other categories.

We also provide a way for you to override any calendar template. That also allows you to customize the markup in the template itself. For example, if you wanted to include a PHP condition that checks whether an event is in a specific category before outputting markup, then that’s totally possible.

2/ Is there a way to configure which Events to show on related events at Single Page Event? Like show only events from the same Organizator.

I’m afraid not. The events that display are based solely on Event Category, so any event that matches the category of the event being viewed will be displayed and organized by date.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Robert
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    Thanks for your reply.

That solves my questions! We’ve already bought the Pro version along with the FilterBar, and now we’re implementing it in our site.

One more quick question: we’re using [tribe_events_list categories=”category_1, category_2″], but we need to use the variable ‘operand=”and”‘ in order to list only events which belong to both categories. But it seems that operand variable doesn’t work with tribe_events_list shortcode. How can make it work?

Thanks!

Geoff

Hey Robert, thanks for following up!

You should be able to limit the categories in the Events List widget with this:

[tribe_events_list category="category_1, category_2"]

If that’s not working for some reason, I would check to make sure the values in the shortcode match the slugs of the categories.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi Robert, I see my initial reply was marked as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please let us know if any other questions come up and we’d be more than happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘pre-sale questions: conditional CSS for tags&categories, related events’ is closed to new replies.