Help Desk

Parent / Subcategory Styles Filterbar

Hello, I’m wondering if to change the indentation of parent and children categories on my filterbar if I need to change the CSS somewhere? Or the Php code, which I believe at the moment is writing in 2 non-breaking spaces in order to slightly indent.

benmhope,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, the two non-breaking spaces are added in the PHP and can’t be changed without modifying the plugin. If you look at ‘the-events-calendar-filterbar/lib/filters/TribeEventsFilter_Category.php’ on line 52, you’ll see where these are being added with this code:

$child_spacer = '  ';

We don’t recommend that people edit the plugin directly, but if you decide to change this, just keep in mind that your changes will be lost the next time you update the plugin.

Hopefully that helps to answer your question, but let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-