Not able to add Categories, Tags, Venue and Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Not able to add Categories, Tags, Venue and Organizer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jamaicaplainnews
    Participant

Users are not able to fill out several fields when submitting an event. Categories, Tags, Venue and Organizer are all not available. How do I fix this issue? Thank you.

Patricia

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

To get started, could you please access your Dashboard, head over to Events > Settings > Community and make sure that the “Users cannot create new Venues” and “Users cannot create new Organizers” options are Disabled?

Thanks!

Patricia

jamaicaplainnews
    Participant

Disabled? Do you mean click on the boxes that say “Users will be limited to choosing from existing venues.” and “Users will be limited to choosing from existing organizers.” ? I just did it and those fields are still not accessible.

Patricia

Hi there,

My apologies for the confusion my previous reply may have caused! What I meant is to make sure that both options/checkboxes (“Users cannot create new Venues” and “Users cannot create new Organizers”) are Not checked, because if they are checked/enabled, users would be limited to choose from existing venues/organizers and if your site doesn’t have any existing venues/organizers, these sections wouldn’t show up in the submission form. This is also valid for the category and tag sessions in the CE submission form: they won’t show up in the front end of the website if you don’t have existing event categories/tags.

I hope this helps! If the issue persists, please send us a link to your community events submission form so we can help you with the next steps.

Thanks!

Patricia

jamaicaplainnews
    Participant

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for your help. Those boxes are not checked.

Here is a link to my calendar with the problems that are still occurring:
    http://www.jamaicaplainnews.com/events/community/add

I appreciate your help. Do I need to have a certain browser or updated browser version? Could that be causing the problem?

Thank you,

David

Patricia

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your CE submission form link with us! I’ve just accessed your site and was able to fill all fields in the form, but while inspecting the page with the Console opened, I see JavaScript errors that may be causing the problem: I believe that there’s a theme or plugin conflict preventing some of your users to add categories/tags/organizers/venues (screenshot here).

To get started, I would recommend you to run a Conflicts Test. You can start the test by temporarily deactivating all of your plugins (except Modern Tribe plugins) and changing your theme to another one like Twenty Seventeen and let us know if the problem is solved after that (don’t forget to backup your database before changing anything).

If you have any other questions in the mean time, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Not able to add Categories, Tags, Venue and Organizer’ is closed to new replies.