Help Desk

Next/Previous Month Links Do Not Work With Category when filter bar enabled

Hello, we are having an issue when viewing the Events Calendar by category ex: /events/category/{cat-name} with the filter bar enabled. When trying to paginate to next or previous months, the JS Ajax seems to hijack the url request and it is unable to paginate. The calendar just remains on the current month.

Need to navigate too /events/category/{cat-name}/2016-07/ which is listed as the pagination hrefs, but when they are clicked it ends up navigating too /events/month/?tribe_events_cat=it&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=7 instead.

I think that this is an issue related to the filter bar JS because when I disabled the add-on, the pagination worked properly.

I came across this thread from a few years ago with the same issue (although I dont think the filter bar was involved in this ticket)
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/nextprevious-month-links-do-not-work-with-category/

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Jennifer.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  Brook.

Howdy Jennifer,

I am seeing similar issues as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to report this bug. I will log it forthwith so our developers can take a look and see about getting it patched in an upcoming version. Until then please let me know if your have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Thank you for your response. Would you be able to estimate how long until this is patched?

Another question is, is there any way (other than via accessing the calendar with the /category/ url) to load the calendar with one of the filters auto checked and the calendar filtered to it? The query parameters listed in my first post dont seem to work when loading the page with them added.

Another question is, is there any way (other than via accessing the calendar with the /category/ url) to load the calendar with one of the filters auto checked and the calendar filtered to it? The query parameters listed in my first post dont seem to work when loading the page with them added.

Hey another bug! Loading via the URL should preselect the filters. In fact its the only way to preselect filters.

Wow, I’m sorry to see this. Both of these were likely introduced in our most recentest version.

Would you be able to estimate how long until this is patched?

I can happily guess, but must be up front that this is not a guarantee. The loading via URL issue is logged as a priority 2 bug. Typically Priority 2s will be fixed within 3 releases, and we do a release every 2 weeks.  So likely this will be fixed within 6 weeks, although I would not be surprised at all if it’s sooner.

The original issue with broken pagination is a priority 3 issue, since it can be worked around by clicking the pagination button again. I’d guess that could be up to 4 releases out. So maybe 8 weeks?

Again I am sorry this is impacting your site. I really appreciate you taking the time to report these though. I just threw an extra 6 months on your license as a thank you.

Are you still able to use the Filter Bar for your needs? Or do you need it working sooner than all that. I could definitely get you a refund issued if it’s not going to work for you right now.

Cheers!

– Brook

This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor