Month view: previous / next navigation loses category filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Month view: previous / next navigation loses category filter

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter Poulides
    Participant

Hello,

When I access this URL I see a filtered month view: http://dallascenterforphotography.com/classes/category/spot-class/. However if I use the month navigation, the resulting month view is no longer filtered. Because of the customization I’ve done, you’ll only see blank space with a line beneath it for the events that shouldn’t show up, but if you hover over the blank space you’ll see there is an event there.

I tried an alternative approach using tribe_exclude_events_category found here (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/hide-category-from-calendar-views/). The results are the same.
    http://dallascenterforphotography.com/classes/

The issue does seem to be AJAX related. For example, if I directly access the August page via URL, the result is as expected. However if I arrive on the August calendar via the “Next month” navigation which uses AJAX, the category filter doesn’t work.

This is a similar issue to the one described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/categories-pages-resetting-while-advancing-month/#post-985947

Barry

Hi @spotstudio,

There does seem to be a valid bug here: if I view a specific category in month view the initial result set is correctly limited to events from that category.

If I page forward a month then return to the original month, however, you are correct and the category filtering seems to “drop”. I’ve logged a bug report for that and we’ll progress it as quickly as we can: what worries me is that I don’t see exactly the same problem on your site.

In my case, the result set widens and I see all events – not just those in the appointed category – but when I replicate on your site I see less/no events. Might that be the result of the customization you are referring to?

Peter Poulides
    Participant

Thanks, Barry!

Yes, you can’t see the events because of the customization I’ve done. They are there, however. If you view the source, you’ll see the container div for a bunch of events that aren’t actually displayed. I am using a custom post type of my own for most event data and only using The Events Calendar for time/date/ticketing info. Since these events that aren’t of the “spot-class” type aren’t supposed to be here, the code isn’t pulling in the custom data for them.

So I think it is the same issue – it just appears different because of my customizations.

Karl
    Participant

I’m having the same problem as you had Barry. Is this being worked on?

Barry

It certainly is, Karl – and I’ve linked the bug report (on our internal system) to this forum topic so that as soon as a fix is released we can post an update – apologies for the inconvenience in the interim.

Karl
    Participant

Ok thank you. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the option “use javascript to control date filtering” as I’ve tried it both on and off…

Barry

Nope – it’s not directly connected to that setting – and ajax navigation still occurs by default when paging between months even if that is disabled.

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Hey @spotstudio! Just wanted to deliver the good news that The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO 3.11.1 shipped today and a fix for this issue was included in the release. Please feel free to update and thanks so much for your patience here while we figured this one out. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we could fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Karl
    Participant

Hi,

I’m happy to report that this is now working for me. Unfortunately there is a similar problem in the list view- when I click the next month it just reloads the same page, it doesn’t show the next dates. It works correctly on the map view but not on the list view. Should I make a separate bug report for this?

Best,
    Karl

Barry

Please do, Karl – and one of the team will be only too happy to dig in and help 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Month view: previous / next navigation loses category filter’ is closed to new replies.