Help Desk

Missing/incorrect Venue data from Google Calendar

  • Posts: 24 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    I have a recurring import from Google calendar that is having issues getting the correct data from Google.

    The full correct address is imported into the title field of the venue, but the street number is always incorrect and the postal code is always blank. The street name is usually fine but sometimes blank as well.

    I have replicated this issue on a test site. Attached is an example of a venue.

    Posts: 6977 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hello Justin,

    Thanks for reaching out to us!

    I’m really sorry about this issue.

    We are aware of this bug, it is already ticketed and hopefully we will be able to provide a fix for this very soon. I added your voice to the ticket as well.

    I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

    If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

    Thanks for your patience!

    Cheers,
    Andras

    Posts: 24 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    Any update on this issue?

    Posts: 6977 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hi Justin,

    Thanks for the ping.

    We are in the phase of collecting information, to able to make an educated decision on how we can fix this and make it work.

    I will need to ask for a bit more patience on this.

    Thanks,
    Andras

    Posts: 24 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    Is there any place that the status of major issues like this can be tracked?

    Posts: 6977 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hey Justin,

    At the moment we don’t have a public facing status page for bugreports, so the best place is here in the Help Desk. You can ping us any time in the thread here and we’ll be happy to give you an update.

    We have identified different paths we can take with this and currently it’s waiting for the manager to make a decision and choose one.

    I know this has been sitting there for a while now and understand that the issue is frustrating. The options need to be carefully weighed, so that we can provide a 1) long-term solution that 2) works well for our users.

    I believe the most time consuming part (info collection) of this is done, but I still need to ask you to hang in there a little longer. Rest assured, the bugticket is on highest priority and we are working on a solution.

    Thanks for your kind understanding.

    Cheers,
    Andras

    Posts: 6977 Topics: 2
    | Permalink
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Posts: 24 Topics: 5
    | Permalink

    With facebook imports looking to be permanently gone, hopefully we will get the other import sources working properly now?

    Posts: 6977 Topics: 2
    | Permalink

    Hey Justin,

    I wish that the disappearance of Facebook imports would mean that all other import bugs are automagically fixed, but unfortunately we are not in Wonderland where this could happen.

    Nonetheless our development team is continuously working on fixing bugs and bringing improvements to our plugins. Some take less time, and some take more.

    The bug you are affected by is partially out of our reach and we cannot do much about that part. We have made some progress on this, but the issue is more complex. At the moment it looks like we might need to switch to a different map provider, which means more work.

    Rest assured, the issue is not swept under the carpet waiting for it to expire.

    Thanks for your patience so far!

    Cheers,
    Andras

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.