Help Desk

Location Search Error

Hey,

since i have update the Event Calendar PRO the Location Search doesn´t work!

The Events Calendar Version: 4.6.8
    The Events Calendar PRO Version: 4.4.20.1

I´m using the Eventica Theme in Version 1.14.1 with WordPress 4.9.1

When i create a new Location the problem still exists. Could you please help me?

Hi Andre,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Would you mind elaborating on what does not work about the Location Search, since the update?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Andre,

As a next troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, would you mind running through our full testing for conflicts procedure to rule out any conflict that may exist?

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Andre,

Thanks so much for providing me with that information.  Has the Location Search worked for you in the past?  Or have you always had issues with it?

Can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to your issue (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

In addition, since your site requires a log-in to view, I cannot see the issue in action.  In that case, can you see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Andre,

Thanks so much for providing me with all of that information.  I have taken a look at your site and can confirm the issue that you are seeing.  Unfortunately this seems to be linked to a current bug in our system.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.

They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

For now, I would recommend removing the location search from your Tribe Bar, and using the location search in your Filter Bar, which appears to be working properly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Andre,

Unfortunately I do not have an ETA for when this issue will be fixed.  If you are able to use a location search with Filter Bar, you can hide the location search on the Tribe Bar for now, until it has been fixed.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the help desk. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.

Subscribe to Updates