Help Desk

List view pagination not showing

I can see the nav element “tribe-events-nav-pagination” and the ul “tribe-events-sub-nav,” but all that’s in the UL is two comments:

<nav class="tribe-events-nav-pagination" aria-label="Events List Navigation">
    	<ul class="tribe-events-sub-nav">
    		<!-- Left Navigation -->
    		<!-- Right Navigation -->
    	</ul>
    </nav>

Any ideas? I’ve done some mod work on the files, but nothing (that I can remember, at least) pertaining to the pagination area.

Hi Josh!

I’m sorry that the navigation links aren’t working for you…I see that you’re running a version of Events Calendar Pro that is quite a bit older. As a first step, can you try updating to the current version (4.4.32), along with the current version of WordPress (4.9.8)?  I would recommend making a full backup of your site beforehand (just to be on the safe side) and doing this update first in a testing environment.

Once you’ve updated, you’ll want to clear out your browser cache and any caching that you might be doing on your server or via a plugin and try again.

If this doesn’t help, then the next step would be to double-check any customizations that you may have made. You can check for a template override by looking in the folder of your active theme for a tribe-events folder. If you do have overrides in there, try disabling them (you can rename them temporarily) to see if the navigation appears.

Once you’ve ruled out outdated plugins and customizations, the next step would be to follow the instructions here to check for any conflicts that might be occurring with your theme or another plugin. The free Health Check plugin can help speed up this process. Please make sure to have WP_DEBUG enabled while testing and copy/paste any errors that you see into your reply.

Let me know how this goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Full disclosure, I haven’t tried those things yet, but is there a known issue with older versions of Pro regarding pagination? I’m not saying updates aren’t the answer, just that if there’s no known issue, it seems unlikely a patch would be released that would impact it.

Hi Josh,

Apologies for the delay here! I am not aware of any past issues like this, but since the version that you are running is so much older, this could definitely be the source of the problem. It’s possible that there is just a conflict between it and the newer versions of WP or something else on your site. Were you able to try it out to see if the navigation appeared? Make sure to test it in a default environment to rule out any conflicts with anything else on your site!

If you need any further help with this, please let me know.

This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Wow I could’ve sworn I responded to this last week…oops!!

Anyway, I’ve actually traced the issue down to a conflict between Filter Bar and a “linked post type” (I’m gonna call that ‘LPT’ from here on out) that was created based on the tutorial on your site. This LPT adds a presenter option to the list, so the only difference between my iteration and a direct copy of the demo is the word “presenter” instead of “instructor.” Everything else is the same.

Sadly, I fear I already know what you’re going to say—this is a customization and falls outside of what you can do here—but I sincerely hope that’s not the case. Maybe you can at least drop the LPT into your testing environment and confirm there’s an issue somewhere?

Hi Josh!

Nice work tracking that down…is this the article you are referring to? If so, did you download the extension it links to and just change the label to “Presenter”? I see on that extension page that there is a known issue where the single instructor (linked post type) page does not have the next/previous navigation. I did some testing with this extension and did see that the navigation is missing from the main events page (in list view) as well. I will update our internal ticket on this to reflect that so that our developers can take a look.

On my end, the navigation is only missing when the Instructors/Presenters are included as a filter in Filter Bar, which you can change under Events > Settings > Filters. If you remove that filter, the navigation is showing in list view. Are you seeing the same thing on your end?

If you are using some other code and not the extension, can you please send me a copy of the code that you’re using via a gist (along with the article you got it from if possible)? You are correct that customizations and extensions are outside our scope of support, but I’ll be happy to take a look and see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

You’re right, I’m just using the extension essentially as provided in the article you linked; all I did was change “instructor” to “presenter” in all the places the article suggested I change it.

For my purposes, I’m fine with just turning off the Presenters as a filter option in this case. That will resolve my issue but we can leave this ticket open—at your discretion—pending your developers advice regarding the situation in case it might prove useful to another user in the future.

As far as I’m concerned, though, I don’t intend to pursue additional solutions at this point.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Josh,

Thanks for clarifying that. I’ll set this ticket to “Pending Fix”, which will keep it from being automatically closed. That way, when this issue with the extension is resolved, we can notify you here.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing, and thank you for your patience while we work on getting it resolved!