Help Desk

List View is showing past events

We are using Events Calendar PRO and recently noticed that while the default month view shows the current month, when switching to the List View it shows past events. URL: https://rsetasc.pnwboces.org/events

When I go directly to https://rsetasc.pnwboces.org/events/list/ it shows up fine. But when I click on the l link in the View As list it appends the URL with: “?tribe-bar-date=undefined”.

I’m not sure where this is coming from. (I’m not the original developer.)

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Anything?

The client said that this is a new issues. It seems to have started with the latest update. For now, they’ve asked me to go back and manually delete old events. But that’s not a permanent solution…

How do I get support for my PRO license?! This is ridiculous!

Hi Jann,

I apologize for the delay here! It looks like my previous reply didn’t come through for some reason, so sorry about that!

I tested this out on my end, and I am not seeing past events or “?tribe-bar-date=undefined” appended to the end as you described; clicking “List” from the menu should take you to “yoursite.com/events/list”, which is what I am seeing locally (you can see how this should work here on our demo site). In order to figure out where this is coming from, can you run through these steps to test for any conflicts with your theme and other plugins. Please make sure to have WP_DEBUG enabled while testing and copy/paste any errors that you see into your reply. If you don’t have a testing site, the free Duplicator or WP Staging plugins can help you get one set up. Before testing, please make sure that you are running the current versions of The Events Calendar (4.6.24) and Events Calendar Pro (4.4.33)

Please let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jennifer

I followed the instructions but the issue remains.

With the TwentySixteen theme applied and all but the ECP plugins activated there are two issues I see:

– On the Events page I see the month view and the Events date field is emplty. But the “View As > List” does not appear but it is there. I need to click on the Month and then the next

• shows. (Screenshot 1)

– When I click on the List view, the Events From automatically populates with the first of the month not the current date AND the “View As > List” disappears. (Screenshot 2)

I followed the instructions but the issue remains.

With the TwentySixteen theme applied and all but the ECP plugins activated there are two issues I see:

– On the Events page I see the month view and the Events date field is emplty. But the “View As > List” does not appear but it is there. I need to click on the Month and then the next [list item] shows. (Screenshot 1)
– When I click on the List view, the Events From automatically populates with the first of the month not the current date AND the “View As > List” disappears. (Screenshot 2)

BTW, is there a way to test the PRO plugin on the staging server without having to deactivate it on the live site?

Hi Jann,

Thanks for running through that testing! It looks like this might be an issue with the Datepicker Date Format option under Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings – can you try switching this to the first option (2018-01-15) and see if that gets the list view working correctly? Make sure to clear out your browser cache and the cache within W3 Total Cache after updating that setting.

This issue appears to be happening with any setting other than the default (which is why I wasn’t seeing it locally when I tested this out initially). This has been logged for our developers to take a look at, so as soon as we have an update on a fix, we’ll let you know here. However, switching back to the default should solve this for now.

You can definitely test Pro on your staging server without it affecting the live site…as long as you have two separate WordPress installs, what you do on one should not affect the other. You do not need to enter your license key on the staging site to use the plugin there. The key gives you access to support and automatic updates, but it is not required for the plugin to function. Depending on your staging domain, you may be able to add the key there as well though to take advantage of automatic updates (this article has some more info on how this works).

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this caused, and thank you for your patience while we work on getting it resolved!

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.