Just events to sort in ascending order in tag archives

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Just events to sort in ascending order in tag archives

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sally Richardson
    Participant

HI – I am guessing this may not possible given that tags are used by all post types, but I would love JUST the events in a tag archive to sort in ascending order (based on event start date). They correctly show the event date rather than the published date – but are just not in the right order for events…

I did some research and wondered if a snippet like the one mentioned in the link below could be adapted to only sort the events custom posts to sort in ascending order, leaving all other post types to sort as “normal” ie descending?

I actually use separate tags for events – but realise they might cross over several post types – so if by chance it is possible to get one post type to sort differently that would be amazing!

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-changing-sort-order-of-tag-archives/

Many thanks!
    PS I do not write code – but maybe the snippet in the link only needs a little addition to say If post type=tribe event? You guys will know the answer ( and if so, how!)!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sally!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

Tag archive pages are not really created by our plugins, but by WordPress itself. The snippet you are referring to is mainly as a workaround for a bug, which is no longer present, but could be taken as a reference to modify the tags query somehow.

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

Best,
    Victor

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Thank you very much Victor, and I totally understand.
    Yes, if you could add me to that queue that would be great.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sally,

Sure thing, I’ll add this thread to the queue.

Could you please confirm you’d want tag archives to show the events ordered by the event start date, but still show regular posts in the tag archives?

Thanks,
    Victor

Sally Richardson
    Participant

Thanks Victor,

Yes, I can confirm this – as in fact the tags I use for events are only used by events. My other tags (used by other post types) look great as they are!

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming that Sally 🙂

Cliff

Hi, Sally. I took a look at your customization request, and it seems you’re wanting what we already do by default. Here’s a video demonstrating what I experience at my test site: https://cl.ly/1C3l2t0l310A

Please review it closely and let me know if you’re seeing something different or if I misunderstood your request.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Just events to sort in ascending order in tag archives’ is closed to new replies.