Help Desk

Issue with tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js (mobile)

Hi,
    In developer tools (chrome) we found a conflict between the theme enfold (using latest Version 4.4.1) and TEC (latest version) in the mobile view on our development environment:
    The following error message appears here:
    tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘date’ of undefined
    at u (tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at p (tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at c (tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js?ver=4.6.21:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

No events appear and the mobile menu (hamburger) is not displayed.

After changing the theme to twentyseventeen the error does not appear. In the previous version of TEC (TEC 4.6.20.1, TEC Pro 4.4.29.2 and TEC Community 4.5.12) the error does not appear.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

This reply has been marked as private.

I am experiencing this as well on 2 websites using 2 different themes and it’s breaking the rest of the javascript on the pages.

Hi Christian,
    thanks for the info. That’s indeed very interesting.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

I have reported the same issue here. There appears to be an issue with the tribe_mobile_setup_day function. We’ve found that disabling the calendar widget on affected pages (this is breaking certain forms for us) helps as a stop gap measure, so removing the calendar widget completely if it’s a site wide issue may be a temporary option.

Hi Robin,
    thanks for info.

In fact, the js-error disappears when I turn off the calendar widget. However, no events will still be shown in the mobile view. The area with the events will then remain empty, see screenshot. So that does not help us much and we will wait until the problem is solved before updating to the latest release.

The problem with the missing display of events also appears if I do not use our childtheme based on enfold. With enfold the error still occurs, with twentyseventeen it works (maybe because twentyseventeen is not set to two columns)

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. We are seeing this error and as such, I have created a bug ticket so our devs can take a look. Not sure when it will be resolved at this point, but someone will notify you via this ticket as soon as we have a resolution.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    thanks for info.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

No problem and thanks for your patience!

Hi,
    I have just installed the latest version of TEC (4.6.22) and TEC pro (4.4.31) at development environment. Unfortunately these issues are not solved and I cannot update the live version because of these issues.

Will a solution be available soon?

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi Hans-Gerd,

I am not sure on a date since this a fairly new issue. I know its being looked at. We will let you know as soon as its resolved.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    seem to be an issue that other users also have in connection with enfold, see here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-page-not-showing-on-mobile/

I have tested the solution mentioned in this thread, unfortunately without success.

By the way: The error with tribe-events-ajax-calendar.min.js does not occur when I use twentyseventeen as theme,

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hans-Gerd,

This is in response to the calendar not displaying on mobile with the Enfold theme. Not the separate Ajax issue.

If you “undo” or disable the theme authors customization of The Events Calendar, the calendar will appear.

Here’s an article on how to do just that. Once that is done, there’s still some residual styling issues that can be addressed by setting the Basic Template Settings to Tribe Events Styles instead of Full Styles. As you may know those and other plugin options were hidden by Kriesi, but will appear after removing the config-events-calendar from the functions.php file.

Doing all this is just one way to prove or test that the issue is coming from Kriesi’s customization.

Alternatively, you can roll back The Events Calendar to a version that was released around the June time frame which is when the theme was last updated.

I know plugin authors always say that you should always be on the most current version, but when the theme author is not keeping up with all the changes, something will break at some point. I’m not singling out Kriesi, this goes for any theme author who highly customizes a plugin to their liking.

Bottom line is that the issue needs to be addressed by the theme author.

In viewing the Kriesi forums, others have reported this same issue, so it looks like it is on their radar.

Then I found this article, which goes back to my point that the theme author needs to address this. It seems to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Hi Mathew,
    thank you so much for your advice.
    I will test it in the next days and then report if the problem is solved.

Best Regards and nice weekend
    Hans-Gerd

Thanks for posting this Mathew!

Let us know if this works for you in the meantime Hans-Gerd.

Brendan

The error is still happening with the Twenty Seventeen theme, not sure why you are not seeing it.
    “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘date’ of undefined” when viewed at a mobile width.

Hi Christian,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for chiming in.

For the sake of keeping things clean — as your issue seems a bit different than the original — I would kindly like to ask you to open a separate topic. We will be here to help you out and you will get your own personal consultant who will be focusing on your issue.

Thanks and cheers!

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    sorry, but there seem to be an issue with the link:
    “Heavens to Murgatroid!
    It appears that we are not able to find what you are looking for…”

Is it thought to fix the problem (without workaround) ? – the theme (enfold) is a quite common theme and therefore some other users might be affected as well.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi there,

Here is the direct link: http://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/12/tribe-ext-dequeue-assets-1-0-3.zip

This plugin is to help test and disable some of our scripts that may be conflicting with your theme.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    thanks – I will check it.
    But you didn’t give me the answer to the following question:

Is it thought to fix the problem (without workaround) ? – the theme (enfold) is a quite common theme and therefore some other users might be affected as well.

If you are working on the issue, then I would disable the appropriate functions in single-event.php and wait until the issue is fixed.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi Hans-Gerd,

We build our plugins to proper coding standards so we do not go in an attempt to code around a specific theme. We do have a current bug report for the JS timer issue and two themes are notated (Avada and Enfold) so usually in cases like these will reach out to theme developer and let them know of the issue. Avada has our plugin built in so issues with themes get fixed fairly quickly.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. I would also check with Enfold to see if they have a patch since many of their customers use our products.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    thanks for the info and the advice.
    I will contact enfold if necessary. I have updated TEC in the meantime and it seems to work good except for this issue.

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

Hi there,

Okay, let us know what you find out.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Hi Brendan,
    just get an answer from enfold-supoort-team:
    https://kriesi.at/support/topic/conflict-between-enfold-and-events-calendar/#post-1021422

Best Regards,
    Hans-Gerd

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.