Help Desk

Integration with Toolset Layouts

The issue I am experiencing is similar to the issue in this support thread from the Toolset website:
    https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/wp-router-placeholder-page/#post-453150

I am posting a similar question on their site, but I am wondering what if anything I can do to get these two quality plugins to perform well together. Thanks to Toolset support I already have made a number of customizations in order to get the main Calendar to display. Now I’m moving on to Community Events, in order to enable front-end submissions which I need with this calendar, and running into more, potentially bigger problems.

This website is still under development so if you look at the link please excuse the incompleteness of the non-calendar elements.

Hi Matt!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with this topic.

I have gone through the thread you shared and I’m not really sure I understand the issue you are experiencing. I’m also not able to see the links shared in it as they are hidden, so I loose some context while going through it.

Could you please let me know more about the issue you are experiencing and the steps you made that result in the issue? You can also share screenshots with us.

Also, I can see you are using several plugins named Toolset so please point me to the one you are using so I can download it and test it myself.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is with “Layouts”.

As I mentioned, I also posted a question on their support forum. They replied first, and I have just made an adjustment to the /tribe-events/default-template.php file in my theme that allows the Community Events “Add” page to display – instead of just a white screen. The first custom default-template allowed the main Events page to display but didn’t work with Add Community Event.

This solution essentially strips out everything generated by the Layouts plugin. It eliminated the conflict, but also left me with unstyled default elements in the header and footer. So I have more work to do, but I am now past this latest hurdle.

Ultimately I would love to see an “integration” plugin or something similar that would get both plugins to work better together. My research of prior support topics from others experiencing similar problems, and creating my own topics, is getting me there – but it’s taking time.

Hi Matt!

Thanks for following up with this.

Could you please share with us in a private reply a copy of Toolset Layouts plugin? We will run some tests on our end to reproduce the issue you are having and start from there to find the source of the problem.

Once we are able to reproduce the conflict between the two, we can investigate ways to overcome the problem and hopefully find a fix for it.

Thanks,
    Victor

This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Matt!

Thanks for coming back with the plugin and all the information.

I will run some tests with the plugin and see what I can find. It might take us some time to get this tested as we are having our team trip next week and we’ll have limited availability, but I will get back to you as soon as we have something.

Thanks,
    Victor

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.