Importing Tags Correctly – or coding tags correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Importing Tags Correctly – or coding tags correctly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cody Sisco
    Participant

Hello,

I’d like to import events with multiple tags that have commas within them. E.g. “Mystery, Crime, Horror, and Thriller”.

By default, it seems like the Importer treats each comma as a tag separator. Is there a way to keep the tag intact?

Also, a related issue: the data is encoded with semicolons separating each tag. E.g. “Speculative Fiction; Mystery, Crime, Horror, and Thriller”. Is there a different way I need to record the tags so the importer applies both tags to the same event?

Many thanks for your help,

Cody Sisco

Courtney

Hi Cody

It sounds like you’ve found a limitation of CSV imports (comma separated values). Unfortunately, the source of the data needs to have each tag separated by a comma.

To see more of an example on this: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/.

You could omit the commas in your source data and then go to Events ยป Tags and rename them after the import.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Tags Correctly – or coding tags correctly’ is closed to new replies.