How to hide unused Tags from list

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar How to hide unused Tags from list

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Center for Inquiry
    Participant

Hi there,

I see that the tags are synced between posts and events which is cool, however, my sites will frequently have tags that are not used to categorize events. Is there a way to hide the unused tags from the tags list in the filter bar? Is there also a way to hide the tags option altogether if no events that are upcoming have been tagged?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’d be happy to help here.

By default, the only tags that are available in the filter bar are the ones that have a post assigned to them.

Unfortunately, there is no built in way to achieve what you are looking for. If you were to accomplish that it would involve some custom coding.

As a workaround, taking the following code snippet as an example, you could customize the filter options to hide specific tags:

https://gist.github.com/vicskf/25dbbbf37566c217bee598b2d44344d5

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to hide unused Tags from list’ is closed to new replies.