Help Desk

How to display past and future events in map view?

Hi,

I’d like to use a shortcode in my post to display a map view of a specific category of events.

[tribe_events view=”map” tribe-bar=”false” category=”mycategoryname”]

However, since my post can be viewed after the events have past, I need all events to remain visible on the map, even if they’re in the past. I’ve tried the date attribute in the shortcode, but this does not seem to work.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Adding in a past date range should work to display past events.  Would you mind providing me with the shortcode that you are using that doesn’t appear to be working?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

Also, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks,

Jaime

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for providing me with that information.  Unfortunately, it looks like this issue is related to a known bug in our plugin right now.  For now, you can use other views to display past dates, but the bug is currently in Map View.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

This thread hasn’t seen any activity for quite some time and we are not accepting further replies.

If you need further help with this or any other issue, please create a new topic (you can of course include a link to this one if that helps to provide additional context) and one of the team will be only too happy to help.