How to Add Search Tags to Calendars Imported Via Google Calendars

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar How to Add Search Tags to Calendars Imported Via Google Calendars

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by eclipseselectsc.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eclipseselectsc
    Participant

Hello,

We are importing around 25 different Google Calendars for our soccer club. Each calendar is a different age group that has scheduled events for between 1-3 teams within that birth year.

We have to name each team by their exact team name. For example, Eclipse ECNL B2002 (“B” is for boys) or Eclipse East Black G2008 (“G” is for girls).

Now, what our customers are going to search when they want to find their schedule is most likely “Girls 2003 Black” or “Boys ECNL”.

When the term “Boys” or “Girls” is typed in the search bar, it will show zero events when filtered. I understand that tags can be added when an event is created manually through your program, but how can we add tags such as “Boys” or “Girls” to calendars when they are imported from Google Calendars?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I think I can help you with this.

Try this snippet:

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/2cbc23c8cbb3100f18843994759c0904

You will see instructions in the file.

Basically you will need to re-create the last couple of lines for every feed you have. The major class is needed only once.

Note: it will not change already imported events. You will need to delete the imported events (and delete them from the ignored list as well) and re-import them.

I would suggest trying with one feed at first.

Try and check if it helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just updated the snippet, it will now allow you to add multiple tags to the imported events, plus I added usage instructions and notes on limitations. Please read them before use.

And then let me know how it works out. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Add Search Tags to Calendars Imported Via Google Calendars’ is closed to new replies.