Google Maps Javascript is loaded when no Map is displayed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps Javascript is loaded when no Map is displayed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carsten
    Participant

Hi,

we deactivated the Google Maps Integration in the Options, but the Google Maps JS is loaded nonetheless. Is this expected behaviour or is it a bug?

https://www.janalbrecht.eu/events/

Best Regards,
    Carsten

Carsten
    Participant

Hi,

i deleted the script via

wp_deregister_script( ‘tribe-gmaps’ );

but still: Is it excpected behaviour to load javascript from google, if it is not needed?

Best Regards,
    Carsten

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carsten,

I’m glad you were able to get this removed…I am not sure if this is expected, but it seems like you are correct that it should not be loaded if you do not have maps enabled. I am checking with our developers on this and will let you know what I find.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carsten,

I’ve been doing some testing on this, but so far I haven’t been able to recreate this…can you tell me which pages you were seeing the script on after having disabled the maps? Was it just on the single events pages or on the calendar views?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps Javascript is loaded when no Map is displayed’ is closed to new replies.