Filter events by categories & subcategories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter events by categories & subcategories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Xavier

Hello,

I’m looking for an Events Directory WordPress plugin and TEC Pro seems to be really great. Neverthless, there’s one thing I need to make sure the plugin does before purchasing it.

The events I plan to list will have different categories (I would actually call them “groups”) and subcategories (and I would call these ones “options”) such as :

– Category 1
    – A
    – B
    – C
    – Category 2
    – D
    – E
    – F
    – Category 3
    – G
    – H
    – I

I need the visitors to be able to search for events by selecting their desired subcategories (or “options”). Will visitors be able able to search for/filter any event that belongs for instance to Category 1-A, Category 2-E and Category 3-H ?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and support.

Geoff

Hi Xavier! I’m stoked to hear you’re checking out The Events Calendar and I hope it’s a good fit for your project. 🙂

Great question. Event categories do support hierarchies in a parent-child relationship–so one category can definitely be filed under another.

As far as displaying and searching those categories, you might want to consider our Filter Bar plugin as an add-on. It adds a variety of filters to the event search feature that makes it much easier to filter events by specific categories.

Also, it’s worth noting that we offer a full refund on all purchases within 30 days of receipt. I’d definitely suggest taking the PRO and Filter Bar plugins for a test drive and feel free to return them if they don’t fit the bill for any reason at all.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know and I’d b happy to answer any follow-up questions you might have. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Xavier

Hi Geoff,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I’m going through the support forums and checking theme integration issues to make sure it will fill my needs but it looks like I’ll be soon joining your customer base. 😉

Best,
    Xavier

Geoff

Yeah! I’m super stoked to hear that! Thanks for the kind words and for giving the plugin a shot. Feel free to hit us up if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter events by categories & subcategories’ is closed to new replies.