Filter Categories with radio buttons instead of checkboxes

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Categories with radio buttons instead of checkboxes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dominik
    Participant

Is there a possibility to add filters with radio buttons instead of checkboxes? My filter options for category are only dropdown, checkboxes and multiple select (i use the german version of the plugin, so i`m sorry for not correctly translating the offered options), but i need to filter with only one option to select.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

There are no radio buttons, but if you select the ‘Dropdown’ then your users will only be able to select one option.

We chose to do it this way b/c if a user has for example 30 categories, then listing 30 radio buttons takes up a lot of space. Hence the dropdown with one option to select.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dominik
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your support! But it would be nice to have this option if using the filter bar in vertical mode – combined with some user css space would not be the problem. And since there is the option for radio buttons in filter.php it only has to be made available while choosing the filters in the backend and let the user decide.

Anyway i found a solution that works for me by switching the multiselects to checkboxes and the checkboxes to radio – not the best way to do this regarding further updates, but i will keep this in mind 😉

Thanks for your informations!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I can see where this might be useful.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Is there anything else I can help you with or can we close this as resolved?

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Categories with radio buttons instead of checkboxes’ is closed to new replies.