Filter Bar "View As" toggle getting a display: none applied incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar "View As" toggle getting a display: none applied incorrectly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

I noticed that the Filter Bar’s “View As” toggle is getting a style of “display: none” applied via Javascript. I’ve looked through the custom JS running on my site and there is nothing on my end that is applying styles to the Filter Bar.

I’ve included screenshots showing the exact DOM element getting the style. Additionally I’ve included screenshots showing the issue when this style is applied as well as a correct version when this style is removed.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with this.

The default styles for this use a custom dropdown, and this element is hidden until the wrapping element is clicked.

It looks like you have some customization on your site that is changing this element up a bit. For example, the views select is on the left instead of the right.

If you are going to customize the way this looks and behaves, you will need to override the inline CSS with an !important declaration.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Ryan
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Using an !important override did fix the issue. This behavior must have changed in a recent Event Calender release, which is a tad annoying considering that I’m using the Skeleton style setting which is supposed to avoid behavior conflicts like this. My code had been working for the previous 4+ years without issue. Still, good to have an viable workaround so thank you for that.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Glad that fixed things for you!

Not sure what changed with this on our side, but that inline style is actually part of the javascript functionality, not something within the stylesheets.

Let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

washingtonian
    Participant

We’re getting bit by the same bug. I feel that the “Skeleton Styles” setting should also affect the JavaScript as needed, if the JavaScript is setting CSS properties. And this is definitely a newly introduced problem.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

If you are also seeing something unexpected has recently changed, can you create a new thread for it? This will help us keep track of how many people are experiencing an issue, as well as make communication easier.

I assumed that this had to do with customizations that were made, but we can look into things to see if were changed unintentionally.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar "View As" toggle getting a display: none applied incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.