Filter Bar – Template Override for category order

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar – Template Override for category order

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a template override working in conjunction with the “Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order” plugin, which is allowing me to customize the Event Categories display order. I added ‘orderby’ => ‘term_order’ to mytheme/tribe-events/community/modules/taxonomy.php as illustrated here: http://pastebin.com/RZ9PZpWL

I’d like to customize the category order in the Filter Bar as well. I looked in the Filter Bar folder, but I’m not finding a call for “get_terms” anywhere in filter-view-vertical.php or filter-view-horizontal.php. Is there another file I should be looking in to perform the override on?

Thanks,
    Sean

irishrunner16
    Participant

Nevermind…turns out the custom order IS working on the Filter Bar as well. Sorry for the unnecessary post!

indrakubicek
    Participant

I’d like to do something similar but you’ve removed the code you shared in the pastebin – any chance of sharing that again irishrunner16? 🙂

irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi indrakubicek. If you change line 20 of the override file (that i mentioned above) to the following that should get the categories to sort based on the order you set in the plugin’s settings:

$event_cats = get_terms( TribeEvents::TAXONOMY, array( 'orderby' => 'term_order', 'hide_empty' => false ) );

Hope this helps!

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Glad to hear you sorted this out! Since you’re all set, I’ll close this one out, but feel free to create a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar – Template Override for category order’ is closed to new replies.